Whenever I hear the word “raw” what goes to my mind is complete “ewweeeness” except when it’s about sushi, sashimi, and steak tartare (raw beef which I tried once in “Pah-reeh”). I think about raw pancreas and other intestines when I hear the word. But I have discovered that there is something beautiful and beneficial about “raw”-ness. With that word, Mrs. Aileen de Guzman, a green living advocate and chef indulges us with something different ~ a discovery to a new world of eating delights.
Raw, means eating cold and uncooked food, which I’m sure most of us can’t imagine ourselves eating. Simply because we are used to consuming hot, cooked, and generally fast but unhealthy foods. But many people are not aware of the benefits of eating raw foods such as:
- helps lower blood pressure
- lowers cholesterol
- improves eyesight
- reduces migraines
- heals allergies and skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis
- aids in reversing chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, fibromyalgia, cancer, etc.
- lose or gain fat quickly and easily (getting to your own natural metabolic weight)
- smooth, clear skin and nails that grow quickly and strong
- vibrant, shiny, healthy hair
- more brain power, focus and concentration
- vitality and energy
Last Saturday, Mrs. Aileen shared something awesome at her Raw Food Workshop where she featured Italian dishes and dehydration. She shared techniques and short cuts for daily food preparations, healthy food tips and even the right kitchen tools to use. What I like about her workshops is the warm atmosphere wherein you can just freely ask, listen and participate.
My personal favorites are the zucchini canapes (which you can serve at your parties) and fruit roll ups! Try some Raw Food Workshop soon and discover interesting and beneficial ways to live a good and hearty life!
*For more information about Mrs. Aileen de Guzman’s workshops you may call 890-9161 or 09192127190. You may also join her on Facebook at firstname.lastname@example.org.