I wonder what happened with all the flowers that were given last Valentine’s Day. I’m sure after losing their luster, some already threw them away as rubbish.
Well, my brother was about to do that with my flowers the other day. But as I was looking at my dying bouquet inside the glass vase, I was also contemplating on the beauty of each petal falling from it.
Yes, they’re producing some mess, but a beautiful one. My kind of mess. So I told him not to even dare get close to it (in a nicer manner, of course). 😉
Anyway, so I was feeling a bit of nostalgic this week and thought of veering the emotions to something creative (which I hope I did).
So, do you have any fresh (nearly dying) or dry petals from someone special (or not so special but the flowers were just too beautiful) that you want to keep? Do you want to make an art or souvenir out of them?
If your answer is yes then this might help. The following are just some of THE ARTSY THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR FRESH AND DRY PETALS:
1. Make it personal and use the petals to spell out your name or your sweetheart’s name.
2. Create your favorite things out of the petals. (Use the dry ones to create the darker shades on your art.)
3. Duplicate a special memory or stories using fresh and dry petals and leaves.
4. Use the colors of dry and fresh petals and leaves to bring life to simple shapes.
5. Keep them in a clear plastic, label them with the details about the special flowers and seal them with love (mushy, I know).
So there you go. I hope this quick post inspired you (or at least entertained you with my fun(ny) art, hehe) on what to do with those beautiful falling or drying petals.
I personally like to create things on my wooden table and photograph them but others prefer them on a piece of white paper and even frame them. Your art, your choice.
Enjoy and have a good weekend ahead!